4X4 Plow Truck Drivers
REPORTS TO: Supervisor
Provides services to commercial customers by the proper and timely execution of 4x4 Plow Truck functions in the winter months.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
*Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential.
- Plow and maintain commercial customers sites
- Salt and or Grit commercial customers sites as required
- Follow site clearing schedule set out by supervisor
- Communicate and report any issues or complaints to the Supervisor
- Follow all Health & Safety regulations including wearing approved protective equipment. Also following of the rules of Highway traffic act.
High school diploma or equivalent; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: as required by Federal and Provincial laws. Must have a valid G license, clean driving record and be able to provide drivers abstract. Applicant must also have at least 2 years plow truck driving experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Read and interpret documents such as Health & Safety regulations, equipment operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
- Complete routine reports and correspondence;
- Speak effectively to customers and peers within company.
- Carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form;
- Ability to deal with problems involving customer service situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Oral and written communication
- Handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to learn
- Extensive local travel
- Customer relations
- Time management
- Ability to take instruction
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must frequently lift/or move up to twenty-five pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to fifty pounds.
- The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
To apply for this position in Ottawa, please email your resumes to Jason Kelly at Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org