Landscape Crew Member
Provides services to commercial customers by the proper and timely execution of general landscape projects in the summer months.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks
- Perform manual duties to maintain landscaped environments including but not limited to mowing and raking lawns, weeding gardens and pruning trees and shrubs.
- Report lawn, tree, shrub and flower problems to Crew Leader.
- Operate a variety of hand tools and power equipment only once trained and approved to do so.
- Follow all Health & Safety regulations including wearing approved protective equipment.
- Operate a variety of hand tools and equipment including but not limited to riding mowers, walk behind mowers, push mowers and a variety of power and non-powered hand tools.
High school diploma or equivalent; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: as required by Federal and Provincial laws. Secret Clearance and Reliability Clearance an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Read and interpret documents such as Health & Safety regulations, equipment operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
- Complete routine reports and correspondence;
- Speak effectively and with respect to peers, crew leader and supervisor within the company.
Employees of the Maintenance Team must understand the requirements and levels of service for each site, and adapt habits and work towards meeting Clintar standards as laid out by their Supervisor and Crew Leader. We are looking for hard working individuals who work well with others and excel in a team environment to produce a high-quality product for our clients. Delivering this on time and on budget is key for the team as a whole to be successful.
- Carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form;
- Ability to deal with problems in an ever-changing environment
Other Skills and Abilities:
Oral and written communications, Extensive local travel, Follow-up, Customer relations, Listening, Time management, Self-motivated, Flexibility, Handle multiple tasks, Ability to take instruction, Adaptability, Ability to work independently, Ability to work in a team, Attention to detail, Willingness to learn,
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must frequently lift/or move up to twenty-five pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to fifty pounds.
- The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate. Hearing protection, Hard Hats, and all other PPE must be worn according to regulations.
- High school or equivalent
- Landscaping: 1 year
To apply for this position in Ottawa, please email your resumes to Jason Kelly at Jason.email@example.com