Snow Crew Member
Provides services to commercial customers by the proper and timely execution of lawn and landscape functions in the summer months; and snow removal functions in the winter months.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
*Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Perform manual duties to maintain landscaped environments including but not limited to mowing and raking lawns, weeding gardens and pruning trees and shrubs.
- Assist in the construction of landscapes including but not limited to spreading top soil, laying sod and planting flowers, grass, shrubs and trees.
- Perform work to assist in the construction of fences, decks, patios and other landscape features.
- In the winter months, work in snow removal based on the work schedule set by the Crew Leader.
- Report lawn, tree, shrub and flower problems to Crew Leader in the summer; and snow and ice control problems in the winter months.
- Communicate with customers and report any issues or complaints to the Crew Leader.
- Operate a variety of hand tools and equipment including but not limited to riding mowers, walk behind mowers, push mowers, snow blowers and a variety of power and non-powered hand tools.
- Follow all Health & Safety regulations including wearing approved protective equipment.
High school diploma or equivalent; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: as required by Federal and Provincial laws.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Read and interpret documents such as Health & Safety regulations, equipment operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
- Complete routine reports and correspondence;
- Speak effectively to customers and peers within company.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, volume and metric grams.
- Carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form;
- Ability to deal with problems involving customer service situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Oral and written communications
- Extensive local travel
- Customer relations
- Time management
- Handle multiple tasks
- Ability to take instruction
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must frequently lift/or move up to twenty-five pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to fifty pounds.
- The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
I have read and understand the above job description. To the best of my abilities I will fulfill the qualifications and requirements for this position, and am willing to accept the responsibilities that accompany this position. I also understand based on business requirements, other duties may be assigned.
To apply for this position in Ottawa, please email your resumes to Jason Kelly at Jason.email@example.com