Maintenance Crew Leader
Provides service to commercial customers by the proper and timely execution of lawn and landscape functions in the summer months, and snow plowing functions in the winter months, including communicating with customers, reporting lawn, tree, shrub and flower problems to supervisor in the summer months, and snow and ice control problems in the winter months.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs lawn maintenance functions, including the use of riding mowers, walk behind mowers, push mowers, and a variety of power and non-powered hand tools.
- Assign tasks based on work schedules keep workers on task.
- Complete time sheets and inspect the quality of work to ensure job requirements are met.
- Instruct crew members on proper work standards.
- Drives company vehicle (and trailer) to customer locations.
- Interact with customers to resolve issues or answer questions.
- Crew leaders work along with crew members in completing all landscape maintenance work.
- Operate, trains and maintains variety of hand tools and equipment.
- Clean and valid driver’s license.
Directly supervises up to 3 crew members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, completing work, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE:
A college or horticultural school or equivalent, 1-3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, volume and metric grams.
Ability to define customer problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions for problem solving. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
As required by province / federal governments
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Telephone etiquette
- Oral and written communication
- Team Building
- Work in fast-paced environment
- Handle multiple tasks
- Personnel development
- Customer relations
- Attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, colour vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this position in Ottawa, please email your resumes to Jason Kelly at Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org