Though spring-like temperatures in December might have you believing otherwise, winter really is on its way. We promise. Before the snow sets in, it’s important to ensure your property is properly prepared, so you can help make managing winter accumulation a breeze.
Is your property ready?
Before the snow:
- Put away odds and ends that could present a hazard to plows or shovel crews
- Make sure you have the proper number of salt boxes to utilize in case of an emergency
- Ensure hazards on your property have been properly marked. If not, let your contractor know
- If possible, post signs to warn against wearing inappropriate footwear in the winter (i.e., high heels, smooth-soled shoes, etc.)
After the first snow event:
- Check that your emergency exits were cleared properly
- Scan sidewalks to ensure no areas were missed by salting crews
- Are there any low areas in the parking lot or walkway that could potentially ice over quicker than other areas? If so, be sure your contractor is aware
- Give your contractor feedback on the event. We appreciate receiving feedback, especially in areas requiring improvement so that we can gear our response to your needs and specific property
- Make sure your needs are heard and addressed by your contractor
No matter when the snow comes, Clintar of Ottawa will be ready. Our plows have been prepped, our equipment has been tested, and our crews have been given extensive winter training including:
- Safety procedures
- Clintar orientation
- Site tours
- Detailed equipment training
- Mock snow events
- Training on our new time tracking software
For added peace of mind, we’d like to remind you that our supervisors and managers have many years of experience and are ready to handle whatever winter brings.
So, as we head into the holiday season, Clintar of Ottawa would like to take a moment to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! If you’re one of our clients, rest assured we’ll be on the job 24/7 to ensure your properties are safe for shoppers and tenants.
Enjoy time with your family, knowing that we will be watching the weather and ready to work.
Clintar of Ottawa